Volunteering is at the very heart of the Pug Rescue Network. Volunteers are the backbone of all Pug Rescue Network activities:
- Meet-n-Greets - These events generally occur at a pet supply store. As a participating volunteer, you get to help us tell others about our organization, and most importantly, the Pugs. At these events you will get to meet other Pug Rescue Network volunteers, possible new volunteers, new foster homes, and possible applicants for a rescued Pug. You will be in the public eye at these events.
- Fundraising Events- This job presents an opportunity for volunteers (s) to help PRN carry out our mission by obtaining the necessary funding required. We hold many fundraisers during the year and volunteers are needed to work these events. This would require you to travel to the location where the event is being held, work the hours you have signed up for, and help with setting up and clean up afterwards. This also requires direct interaction with the public and the ability to promote our rescue group. Without fundraisers we would not be able to rescue Pugs, do Meet & Greets, Community Events, merchandise sales, picnics, and more.
- Creative Fundraising- A volunteer in this position will help with PRN auctions, grants, letter writing campaigns, etc. This is a versatile position which requires innovative thinking, and a person that is project oriented.
- Public Relations- Writing press releases, Talking to media, Preparing Media Kits, etc.
- Home Checks- This job involves setting up visits and visiting the homes of applicants in your area that are going through the application review & interview process. You would call the applicant, go to their home and using a set of guidelines provided by PRN, ask a few basic (& scripted) questions about the applicant & other pets, compare the actual home environment against the application, and use your judgment to determine whether a pug should be placed in the home. This is a very time sensitive job as we have so many pugs waiting to come in & homes looking to adopt. We need people who can complete the visits & fill out a brief form for each visit within 1-5 days of receiving the request. The volume varies depending on how many applications we have in your area.
- Adoption Follow-Up Calls- This job involves being emailed adoption information and calling adoptive homes asking a few basic (& scripted) questions about the pug and how they are doing in their new home. This is a very time sensitive job as we would like to catch any potential problems before they start. We need people who can complete the calls & fill out a brief form for each call within 2 days of receiving the adoptive families information. The volume varies depending on how many adoptions we have. We would like to do a couple of follow up calls after the pug has been adopted one to four days after the pug has been adopted and one three months later. Then we will send out a mailing on the one year anniversary of the pug being adopted.
- Fostering- (Please fill out the foster home application.) Although fostering takes a great deal of time and commitment, it can be an incredibly rewarding experience. You are temporarily providing a needy Pug with a loving home environment and helping that Pug become more suitable for adoption into a responsible, lifelong home. Are you ready to give fostering a try? If you are, then please fill out a foster home application today and mail it in to us.
- Emergency Foster Care- Emergency foster care is needed when we feel that we must save a dog that is faced with death, yet there is no room for him at the rescue. In this case, we would let Emergency foster home take in one of the dogs we have evaluated already and made ready for adoption. We will not foster any dog that has not been evaluated physically and behaviorally.
- Baker- To cook and/or provide baked goods for fundraisers, rescue functions as a means of showing appreciation in special circumstances. Volunteer cooks/bakes foods of his/her own choice or specific foods requested by an PRN event organizer. Volunteer must enjoy baking/cooking and sharing the fruits of his/her labor at fundraisers or rescue functions. Goodies can also be baked for the animals. Please ask if you are interested in dog/cat treat recipes.
- Other Areas- Prepare mailings, return phone calls, computer work, secretarial work, work on newsletter, work at annual garage sale and many more.
Volunteer Application Download